What are the top 3 nanny spy cameras in the market these days?
Nanny spy cameras are a necessity these days in almost every household where there are children. Both parents now work and in some instances, there is only one parent in a family who will have to work to bring food to the table. In both settings, the kids are usually left in the care of others – nannies or babysitters.
The need for nanny spy cameras is recognized by spy camera manufacturers thus the market now has a number of spy cameras specifically designed to monitor the actions and movements of hired help who tend to children.
Top 3 Nanny Spy Cameras in the Market
Although there are a lot of nanny cams available in the market these days, the following are three of the best, as seen by consumers. These devices are all reliable when it comes to monitoring your nanny without giving itself away. So what are the top 3 nanny spy cameras out there? Here they are:
1. The iShot 2.0 – this motion activated portable alarm clock camera with bui lt-in DVR is small and very easy to move around the house, it looks simple and inconspicuous. It also has a motion-activation feature which means that the device will start its recording only when it detects movements. Another advantage to this nanny spy camera is that it very user-friendly and set-up is easy. Anyone can set the device up and there is no need for professional installation. The iShot 2.0 is also quite cheap at just $99.95 USD. The inexpensive cost is one of the reasons the device is one of the top 3 nanny spy cameras.
2. The Covert Alarm Clock Spy Camera with Built In Recording (DVR) – this covert and fully-functional alarm clock hidden camera with motion-activated recording is another favorite for monitoring nannies and babysitters. With the way the spy cam is designed, no one will suspect that it is actually a surveillance device. The alarm clock spy cam also features a built-in motion-detector which starts and stops recording based on motion. This feature helps save memory storage by recording only the action. This nanny spy cam costs $249.95.
3. The Teddy Bear Nanny Cam – this adorable looking toy is one of the top 3 nanny spy cameras because really, no nanny will suspect that this stuffed bear is actually a device that records her every action. For parents who don’t fully trust their kids’ nannies, this spy camera is perfect as it blends effortlessly in a home with kids. The Teddy Bear Nanny Cam is being sold online for $179.95 USD.
How to Choose the Best Nanny Spy Camera
There you go, the top 3 nanny spy cameras in the market and if you are looking for the perfect hidden camera to monitor your child and his nanny or sitter while you are away, take your pick. If you are uncertain of what to choose, here are some questions to ask yourself which can help point you to the right nanny cam:
- Do you prefer a camera that can be hidden or one that is on plain sight but does not raise suspicion?
- Do you have a certain budget? These top 3 nanny spy cameras are all quite affordable but it is still possible to find cheaper hidden cameras.
- Are you particular about image quality? Really tiny cameras may not have great image quality.
- Will you be watching footage ‘live’ or do you want recording capabilities?
- How do you want to watch the footage, by computer or TV? For remote viewing, you have to use a computer.
Nanny Camera Laws
Another thing that may bother a parent looking for a nanny spy camera is whether or not these devices are legal. Currently, it is legal in every state in America to record whatever is going on in your own home without informing anyone and it does not matter if the camera is in plain sight or hidden. This applies to cameras with no audio function for recording sound.
If however, you want to use a spy cam with audio recording capabilities to capture or film activities, that is a different matter entirely. Some states make it illegal to record anyone’s voice without telling them first even if these same states won’t mind you filming their activities covertly. Always check your State’s laws before buying a nanny cam with sound to avoid getting in trouble with the law and facing a huge fine. You should also consider where you are placing your nanny spy cams and make sure the device is not recording anything beyond the boundary of your home.
Always consider these things before buying one of the top 3 nanny spy cameras, or any spy cam for that matter.